The Sodexo Group has reaffirmed its ambition in the world of sports, events and hospitality and created a unique global brand - Sodexo Live! - to unify and leverage all of the group expertise across the world in this sector.
With this brand creation, Sodexo reaffirms its confidence in this market and its potential for rebound.
There is an appetite in the market for people to foster in-person connections, as confirmed by the September 2021 study conducted by Harris Interactive for Sodexo Live! across the United States, United Kingdom, France and Spain.
Convinced of the strong rebound potential of the live sector, Nathalie Bellon-Szabo, CEO Worldwide of Sodexo Live!, explains the brand's strategic choices in terms of international conquest, priority business segments and new services to offer clients. She said:
Sodexo Live! is the affirmation of a new ambition, as we bring together our expertise related to sports, events and hospitality under a unified global brand. More than ever, I am convinced that fans and guests worldwide are looking to find common links and embrace the human bond that comes from being there live. With this launch, we reaffirm to our clients that we are the preferred partner to face the future with, and that we believe steadfastly in our 40,000 employees around the world to offer them world-class, creative, value-generating services.
Sodexo Live! Creating irreplaceable emotional connections
The excitement of a game, the buzz of in-person networking at an industry conference, or a family outing in a museum are all opportunities to live extraordinary moments and create unforgettable memories. With a unique expertise acquired over 20 years around the world, Sodexo Live! offers clients its know-how in hospitality and culinary excellence to create tailor-made offers and transfix places and events.
Sodexo Live! will consolidate its presence in its top three markets – North America, France and the UK – and accelerate its growth in Spain and APAC, two markets in high demand for these services.
Acute focus on priority business segments
Sodexo Live! will continue to deploy its expertise in major venues and events in order to reveal their full potential and enrich the live experience of their audiences.
• Stadiums and Arenas: Sodexo Live! will continue to welcome fans to the largest, most recognizable stadiums around the world as in France’s Olympique de Marseille, Olympique Lyonnais and Stade de France, Everton FC in the United Kingdom, Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, or T-Mobile Park in Seattle
• Conference and Convention Centres: Sodexo Live! will offer services for professional and personal events, ranging from catering to the marketing and sales of the sites. The brand is present in more than 30 convention centres in North America, including the Las Vegas Convention Center, Orange County Convention Center and San Diego Convention Center
• Global Events: Sodexo Live! designs and markets tailor-made hospitality packages and catering for major international events such as the Rugby World Cup (five editions), the Tour de France (for 30 years), the Super Bowl (15 times) and the French Open (for 20 years)
• Cultural Destinations: From the Eiffel Tower to the Royal Academy of Arts in London, or the Museo del Prado in Spain and the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, these destinations entrust Sodexo Live! to enrich the experience of their visitors by capitalizing on its culinary arts and its excellent service.
• Airport Lounges: Sodexo Live! welcomes travelers to over 170 lounges around the world, including those of Delta Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Air France, Cathay Pacific and Airport Dimensions.
Sodexo Live! By the Numbers
? 40,000 employees dispersed throughout 500 sites around the globe
? 80 different types of professional roles
? General and premium services for 15 Super Bowls
? Design and marketing of the hospitality program for the last 5 Rugby World Cups
? Partnership with the Tour de France for 30+ years and Roland Garros (home of
the French Open) for 20+ years
? 400,000+ guests served each year at the Royal Ascot
? 3.5M+ visitors hosted annually on the Bateaux Parisiens and Yachts de Paris
? Sales and marketing for 50+ exceptional sites in France and the UK
? 30 convention centers, including the 6 largest in the US
? 30 million passengers served each year in 170+ global airport lounges
? 4 Michelin Stars for Chef Frédéric Anton at Le Pré Catelan and Le Jules Verne
restaurant at the Eiffel Tower
? Partnerships with more than 15 world-class chefs
PSAM editor John Sheehan caught up with Yves De Cocker, Managing Director of PitchTecConcept, who explains how his company bridges the gap between sports organisations and the technology used in the playing surface industry.
The interview covers:
Yves 20+ years industry leading experience in the evolution of hybrid grass, trends he has noticed and some of the notable projects he has been involved with
The key reasons for Yves launching PitchTecConcept
Common mistakes often made with playing surface management
The steps he offers as a bridge between the industry and the end user
Advice to clubs looking to maximise their event calendars without compromising on the performance of their playing surface